Ampyx has several meanings; in hair care, an ampyx is a headband, often made of metal. In Greek mythology, there were a number of figures with the name Ampyx, Amycus or Ampycus (alt. "Ampykos").
- Ampyx is an ancestor of Patreas, the founder of Patrae. He appears in Pausanias's Description of Greece.
In paleontology, Ampyx is a genus of asaphid trilobite from the Middle Ordovician.
- ↑ Orpheus. Argonautica, 948.
- ↑ Pausanias. Description of Greece, 5.17.10.
- ↑ Hyginus. Fabulae. Book 14, 128.
- ↑ Ovid. Metamorphoses. Book 5, 110.
- ↑ Ovid. Metamorphoses. Book 12, 450.
- ↑ Pausanias. Description of Greece, 7.18.5.