In Greek mythology, Hippasus is the name of nine characters.
- Hippasus, father of Hippomedon, by the nymph Ocyrrhoe, and also of Charops, Socus, Agelaus, and Pammon.
- Hippasus from the Pellene district of the Peloponnese, father of Actor, Iphitus, Asterion, Amphion, and Naubolus.
- Hippasus from Phlius opposed his fellow citizens, who wished to accede to the wishes of the Dorian Rhegnidas and make him their king. He and his fellow supporters fled to Samos. Hippasus is the ancestor of the philosopher Pythagoras, Pythagoras being the son of Mnesarchus, the son of Euphranor, the son of Hippasus.
- ↑ Quintus Smyrnaeus. The Fall of Troy, 11.21.
- ↑ Homer. The Iliad, 11.426.
- ↑ Quintus Smyrnaeus. The Fall of Troy, 6.601.
- ↑ Theoi Project - Calydonian Boar.
- ↑ Hyginus. Fabulae, 14.
- ↑ Statius. Thebaid, 7.340.
- ↑ Pausanias. Description of Greece, 2.13.1; 2.13.2.
- ↑ Quintus Smyrnaeus. The Fall of Troy, 10.126.
- ↑ Homer. The Iliad, 13.402.
- ↑ Homer. The Iliad, 17.342.
- ↑ Theoi Project - Kentauroi Thessalioi
- ↑ Hyginus. Fabulae, 90.
- ↑ Apollodorus. The Library, 2.7.7.